After a slow start, the Oklahoma City Thunder found their groove, specifically Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. With 31 points, there was no doubt about this Nets vs Thunder outcome. The Nets were missing Kyrie Irving for their third straight game, who was out for personal reasons.
The Main Headlines for the Nets vs Thunder
Kevin Durant picked up the scoring slack for a second straight night. His 36 points led all scorers but the Nets were clearly missing their second piece of the puzzle. Caris LeVert scored 21 points as he started his third consecutive game.
Six double-digit Thunder scorers
- Along with Gilgeous-Alexander’s 31 points, Hamidou Diallo (25 points), Al Horford (22 points), George Hill (14 points), Luguentz Dort (13 points), and Isaiah Roby (13 points) all scored in double digits.
- All six players played big parts in outsourcing the Nets 37 to 18 in the third quarter.
- In the middle quarters, the Thunder outscored the Nets 56 to 40.
Clearly not at full strength in Nets vs Thunder
- Despite the return of Durant, the Nets are clearly not fully healthy.
- Irving missed his third straight game with what many believe is to be distress over the insurrection of the Capitol on Wednesday.
- Irving was averaging 27.1 points, 6.1 assists, and 5.3 rebounds in seven games that he has started this season.
OKC owned New York
- The Thunder enjoyed a nice weekend in New York with two wins.
- Before dismantling the Nets, the Thunder routed the Knicks 101-89 on Friday.
- The Thunder are now 5-4 on the season, while the Nets dropped to 5-6.
Nets vs Thunder Game Analysis & Commentary
Hopefully, Irving will be back soon because the team clearly misses having him on the floor. The Nets used emotion to take care of Philadelphia on Wednesday but have since lost to the Grizzlies and Thunder, two games that the Nets are better on paper. This losing streak cannot continue if the team wants to be contenders in the Eastern Conference.
A Brooklyn collapse
Head coach Steve Nash is going to need to find a way to motivate this team. The Nets led by as much as 15 points but then found themselves trailing by 18. The Nets have the better roster, but were beat in every aspect of the game. Where’s the pride?
Need more on the bench in Nets vs Thunder
With LeVert starting, it clearly shows that the Nets do not have a lot of depth coming off the bench. DeAndre Jordan can’t play for more than 10 minutes on the floor because he is a liability. Landry Shamet has played awful. The Nets are going to need to make a move before the deadline.
The Nets play the Denver Nuggets on Tuesday. The Nuggets are coming off a 114-89 victory over the New York Knicks on Sunday. Nikola Jokic led the team with 22 points, 10 rebounds, and seven assists.